MODULE 2--Structural Steel Print Reading
Objective – Introduce structural print reading procedures. Show and explain typical symbols and abbreviations found in structural construction documents. Describe and walk thru the various views needed to convey all aspects of structural steel, and concrete. Perform work lessons and competence assessment.
Video Content –
1. Explain module objective.
2. Introduction of structural Steel terminology.
3. Explanation of structural steel members and their intended uses.
4. Introduce design and sizing of the 5 main steel shapes, joists, and trusses.
5. Show and describe typical symbols used to indicate structural steel construction materials on drawings.
6. Overview of what was taught.