An Introduction To Building Information Modeling
UNIT 1--This full-day, facilitator-led course provides a complete overview of BIM concepts, terminology and practices as well as an introduction to important uses and concepts to help you understand how BIM is changing the construction process.
Following successful completion of this unit, participants will have the ability to:
- Recognize the importance of BIM,
- Define common BIM terminology,
- Discuss how BIM can be used as communication and collaboration tool,
- Explain the benefits of BIM,
- Explain the federated model process,
- Compare examples of successful BIM usage,
- Discuss issues associated with starting BIM, and
- Create a company BIM assessment.