Roger Bullington, Chairman, Chief Construction, Grand Island, NE
Joe Beckenhauer, Beckenhauer Construction, Norfolk, NE
Chris Brester, Brester Construction, Lincoln, NE
Linette Butler, BD Construction Inc., Kearney, NE
Mark Duren, Lutz & Company, PC, Omaha, NE
Matt Graff, Board Representative, Sampson Construction, Lincoln, NE
Jeff Jezewski, Charles Vrana & Son Construction Co., Omaha, NE
Josh Render, Kiewit Building Group, Omaha, NE
Chad Westphalen, Waldinger Corporation, Omaha, NE
Jean Petsch, Nebraska Building Chapter AGC, Lincoln, NE, Ex-Officio
Advocating on behalf of members is one of the five goals of the association. The objective of the Legislative Committee is to assist in identifying concerns/issues/needs, set the priorities and provide the direction for the legislative agenda of the Chapter. In additions, committee members will monitor local issues/concerns to brig to AGC's agenda.
The membership of the committee will be on a voluntary basis, but ideally should provide equal representation for all members across the state.
Functions, Timeline and Responsibilities
- Meet to determine the Legislative agenda for each session as soon as "bill introduction" is completed on the 10th day of the session.
- Host some type of annual Legislative Forum or member/Senator event each session.
- Participate in periodic conference calls as needed on bills throughout the session.
- Provide industry perspective as needed by Executive Director for hearing testimony or meetings with Senators and Legislative Staff.
- Proactively identify issues and develop strategy to initiate legislation based on industry need.
- Assist in encouraging member involvement to support issues and encourage collaborative influence at the unicameral in all areas affecting the construction industry.
- Support fundraising efforts for the state PAC (Nebraska Construction Industry PAC) and national PAC (AGC PAC).